Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

i was thinking of you... month three

One of our engagement pictures (pardon the dust specks from the scanner)


March:

I waited until the last day of the month but I finally finished my surprise for Husband (which I will give him when he gets home). He got moved over to a 'big desk' at work this month so he is no longer with his back to the main hallway where people would brush against him when they walked by (my personal space issues shudder at the thought). So to celebrate the fact that he will no longer be in a high traffic zone and that he has lots more room now I framed some pictures of our family for him to fill up his new space.

Husband surprised me with the 500 Days of Summer soundtrack. We rented it last month and ever since watching it I would mention how much I liked Sweet Disposition by the Temper Trap. We went to Target a couple of weeks ago and he left to go change the Little Miss' diaper (another reason why I love him) and when I was done browsing I went to look for him and swore he had just come in through the front doors. But when I inquired he said no and I forgot about it. Then we got in the car and Sweet Disposition was playing and again I mention that I like this song and maybe we should get the soundtrack. It took about three songs later for me to realize there was a CD playing and it was the soundtrack! He is always so much better than me with the delivery of a surprise.

*****
Note: Husband and I sat down at the beginning of the year to write down our goals. Among other things, we decided to surprise one another each month with a small gift or act of service that costs little to nothing. The point being that we would be thinking about the other person and how we could make life for them a little easier, love them a little more, or make them happy in some little way.

See month one here, two here.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww! That is so sweet! Surprises and offers to do diaper changes...you're one lucky gal:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sweet! That makes me smile! :) I'm glad you two are so good to each other.

    ReplyDelete