Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

thirfted goodies: melamine

After the dress photo shoot we came inside and had a tea party. I've been collecting vintage melamine dishware as I plan to make or buy the Little Miss a play kitchen soon. She is starting to really get into pretend play which often involves pretending to drink or eat out of any object that resembles a dish, saying, "Nummy!" and then giving me a taste. So I think a play kitchen is just the thing we need around here.




Melamine is perfect because she can't break it, the design and colors are beautiful (I just realized they match her dress perfectly), and you can find them pretty easily at the thrift store for $0.50 a piece. I think I will get some utensils and pots and pans from Ikea but I'm not sure where to get the food. Do you have any play food you love? I would appreciate some suggestions!

Thanks and have a lovely weekend!

p.s. the giveaway winner will be announced on Sunday so go leave a comment quick!

3 comments:

  1. you should make some play felt food. melissa and doug have some cute wooden food also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- melissa and doug have the cutest food to buy, but felt food is a real rage right now.

    We went with a huge tub of chinese-manufactured plastic food from Target. Probably toxic in some way, but it was cheap and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those colors. and that dress is amazing! you are one fabulous seamstress.

    ReplyDelete