Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

resolutions


This year... I resolve to listen to more music. I tend to like quiet moments and can even drive in the car for hours with just my thoughts for company (Husband is opposite so we have battles over volume control). But I have a little girl that is undeniably an up-and-coming music lover, and so I am committing to help her burgeoning love grow by putting on some tunes more often (have any good recommendations for kids?).


I resolve to get out of the housegulp, even with soon to be two kids in tow! As part of this, I would like to discover more local vintage and thrift spots. There are so many that I've wanted to go to forever - like The Green Ant - but never seem to find the time for the forty minute drive. I know Husband wants to discover some more good eats around town, so the combination of the two sounds like a fun date night to me!


I resolve to get organized! With another child on the way my nesting instincts are starting to kick in and I really want everything to have a place. No more toys stacked up in random corners just so they are out of the way. And since the girls will be sharing a room this will be vital so their space isn't cluttered, but clean, happy and restful.

(pic by my sis-in-law)

I resolve to give more blankets rides, say "What do you want to do today?" more often, and make sure to take the time to get down on the floor and play everyday with this little girl...before I blink and she's all grown up.

And so many other things that are more personal. When I look ahead at what's in store this year I know it is going to be challenging for me making the switch to mother of two, but I am looking forward to taking it on.

3 comments:

  1. Great resolutions!
    Sounds like this year will be very exciting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, I would love to check out thrift shops with you if you ever want someone to go with. I'm always so unmotivated to go by myself, but always wish I had gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! I've only just discovered your lovely blog & I'm reading your older posts! I've got a music loving toddler too, her favourite cd is Elizabeth Mitchell, Little Bird. Its a good one, just a tip :)

    ReplyDelete