Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

little vintage style v.7


Hello! This week for Little Vintage Style I am doing something different...we aren't wearing vintage! Instead, I decided to incorporate one of my other loves into this feature - sewing clothes for my kids from vintage patterns.

It all started after LM was born and I rummaged through a big box of old patterns in my mom's sewing room. A lot of them ended up coming home with me, and that initial stack has turned into a full blown collection. There is no way I will ever be able to use all of them (and yes, I do believe they are meant to be used!), so watch for a vintage children's sewing pattern section to be added to the shop soon!


On this day, LM wore the sailboat pocket top I made for her last summer. We went for a ride on 'Thomas the Train' which she thought was pretty cool.
(Note: Lark is now pretty much bald. If she is like her sister, don't expect a lot of hair until her first birthday or thereabouts - I am really curious to see if it will come in curly or not!)


I think she thought the cotton candy the size of her head that Grandma bought her was cooler though... she inhaled it (don't worry, she did share).

And, we can't forget the man of the hour...Thomas!


LM is wearing: top made by me from vintage pattern, pants - Gap thrifted, shoes - Saltwater sandals

So, from now on I would love for you show off your little ones wearing vintage clothing, or clothing inspired by slash made from vintage patterns!

Link up below, and don't forget to click around and meet the other vintage lovin' mommas out there!



9 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, that top is SO CUTE!! i have resigned myself that sewing is just not a skill for me and it's sad! so i admire you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute as always. And Also...I am really excited for you sell vintage patterns. I hope you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that top! So adorable...I would have worn that proudly when I was a little girl!

    My son would have probably lost his marbles (in a good way) to ride that Thomas the Train. He is kind of a freak about choo choos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize that I had sort of broken the rules when I posted my "inspired by vintage" swimsuit last week but I'm so glad to hear that I can upload new projects in the future! My little girl was born on my mother's birthday and looks like the spitting image of her baby pictures. She doesn't have any of her clothes that she wore as a toddler so I've been planning to recreate them for a fun photo shoot for my little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE that sailboat top- adorable!!! The colors are just perfect! We've considered doing the Thomas train before-my boys would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE that little shirt!

    and by the way, you look really good stace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yay! I am so glad you are doing this. I have a huge collection of vintage patterns - and I mean huge - like 300-400! I have made lots of sweet things for my girls from them and being able to share here might just inspire me to make even more.

    I adore that little sail boat top. It is just perfect. I am a sucker for navy and red on little girls anyway, but this one really is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you did a great job on that top. Did you use vintage fabric, too? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay stacy! so glad you will be sewing from vintage patters so we can motivate each other!!!

    ReplyDelete