Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

refashion: less is more


I love an easy and gratifying project that can be accomplished in one afternoon, and this refashion certainly fits into that category. When I came across this dress at the thrift store I immediately knew it could be something more - with less.


Out came the seam ripper with a fond farewell for the sleeves and lace. The ribbon was attached with a safety pin and that came off as well. Then I just had to sew the now raw edge of the arm opening down to finish it up. Twenty minutes later and voila, a whole new look!


More refashions here and here.



10 comments:

  1. REALLY cute, Stacy. Great vision - this is so much more modern and perfect on LM! Omigosh she's such a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that first photo of LM, she is looking so grown up, great refashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darling, I always see those over the top, fluffy vintage dresses. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for ones with 'good bones'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress both ways, but I prefer your refashion. It's modern and fresh!

    -Ashley
    http://distractedashley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out fantastic! I have a similar refashion on my table, except with an adult size dress. I'm hoping to be able to cut enough fabric to make a matching dress for my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! It looks so awesome! I want that dress! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea............its so much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete